Of course, I can't have just a heavy breakfast sandwich - I had to add some fruit in somehow. All. Day. Long. This day in particular I added a sliced orange. mmm... I might go have another orange right now...
Baby's Breakfast Sandwich
Sliced Ham (lunch meat)
Tapatio (or your favorite hot sauce)
- Lightly toast then butter your bread.
- You can use whichever combination of ingredients that you want, but this is what I've landed on.
- Quickly saute a handful of baby spinach in some olive oil as the first layer in your sandwich.
- Fry up that lunch meat - for added flavor as well as safety. Lunch meat is considered possibly unsafe for preggies unless heated hot due to listeria. Lay your ham on top of your spinach.
- Fry your egg, then melt a slice of cheese on top. Or leave out the cheese. I put cheese on this morning, but I don't always. It definitely makes the sandwich sit heavier in your stomach. Place the egg on top of your ham, then sprinkle a little Tapatio to taste.
- Next, lay a few slices of avocado on top, and place your other bread slice on that. Slice in half and you're ready to eat!
PLEASE share your favorite breakfast creations with me! I'd love to try them out. I think after a week straight of breakfast sandwich combinations, I'm ready to try something else.
Follow my Maternity Pinterest board for everything from maternity fashion, to staying fit while pregnant, and even nursery ideas!