I recently came across this fun runners survey created by Cori at Olive to Run (a great blog you should really check out). I rarely do these type of posts and figured it might be a nice break from the norm. It's been a rough day and it was a good way to get my mind of things, too.
Here are the questions:
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon? A marathon, but let's be honest - I'm not quite capable yet!
2. Would you rather run in the heat of summer or the icy winter? The icy winter - I know how to layer up comfortably, but I hate running when I'm hot.
3. Would you rather have new running shoes or a new running outfit? Right now, I could really use a good pair of new running shoes.
4. Would you rather run alone or in a group? Alone. It's my time to myself to think things through & clear my head.
5. Would you rather run next to someone in a race who tries to talk to you constantly or someone who breathes heavy and grunts? tough call - maybe someone who tries to talk?
6. Would you rather run a race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag? The swag. Well, if you consider the finisher medal swag. In reality, I choose based on convenience, though.
7. Would you rather run a race with a group of friends or by yourself? Friends - it helps keep my pace up!
8. Would you rather run a PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR? Strong finish - I can't imagine anyone who'd rather have an injury.
9. Would you rather eat a big meal the night before or a big meal after a race? Definitely after. I'm always starving after a race.
10. Would you rather be chased by a swarm of bees or a pack of dogs? Another tough call... I have huge anxiety about being attacked by a big dog while running, but I really don't feel like bees would be better!
If you're a runner, I'd love to hear your responses to these questions too! And if you're not a runner, what would you rather be doing?